Short Tip #4 Taking Care of Jeans
You love your jeans, but do you know how to take care of it, properly?
- Don't be too harsh on it. I know your jeans is super rough and tough, and nothing's gonna happen to it. But, who knows? Be gentle with it. Even Levi's jeans are delicate. (I accidentally trip over a luggage in train, and my jeans tore near my knees. And yes, it was Levi's!) So see to it that you don't use it anyhow.
- Turn it inside out, before throwing it in washing-machine.
- Use your torn jeans, as fashion! (It's in trend, anyway!)
- Before altering, DO NOT wash it. As washing makes it shrink, you might end up cutting shorter.
- If you wish to iron your jeans, it's a great idea. The fabric softens on ironing. However, more ironing will only lead to the loss of colour.
- Washing jeans at a regular basis, keeps it clean. But, it should not be washed heavily, or frequently, as it shrinks, plus the material also worsens. Even the jeans can get a wash (that is, a tone lighter).
Tips for jeans! What are yours?