Fast Facts // Teeth
How about facts on those pearly whites?
- Teeth are bones too, so have lots of calcium intake for healthy and strong teeth.
- Before toothpaste's invention, people used ashes, baking soda or chalk on their teeth.
- Eating crunchy fruits and veggies like apples, pears, carrots, etc., gives your teeth a good exercise.
- If you've been just better out of some sickness, then try changing your brush. You don't want the bacteria to come and attack you again!
- Smiling releases endorphin which helps in beating the stress away!
- Avoid soda or other dark drinks like tea. Go for milk, water or clear juices, instead!
- Use a toothpaste that has baking soda in it.
- Wisdom teeth start developing when you're about 18.
- Baby teeth start developing when you're six and start falling when you're 13 or so.
- Floss gently to avoid bleeding gums.
- Eating sugary food will damage teeth. So try staying away from those, especially lollipops!
- You really don't need expensive electric toothbrushes. They're said to bring in more plague and bacteria.
A quiz on tooth-care comin' soon. Stay tuned!