Baingan Bharta Recipe
I used to not like Baingan Bharta that dearly earlier, but ever since I've cooked in this style, I'm in love with it. You won't absolutely believe that you're having eggplant, as the flavour of tomatoes does the magic. I've observed that whenever I add tomatoes in any bhaji, the taste goes to some other dimension altogether; the taste becomes marvellous!
Baingan Bharta is basically a kind of bhaji made of brinjals/eggplants. We don't take the skin of the eggplant here, but just the inner pulp. Now, let's dip into the ingredients of this flavourful recipe.
THINGS YOU'LL NEED
- Brinjal (Eggplant) - 1
- Tomato Puree/Ketchup
- Green Chilli
- Kashmiri Chilli
- Cumin Seeds-Coriander Seeds Powder
- Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Red Chilli Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Garam Masala
- Grease a large eggplant with some oil.
- Roast it on an open flame until it looks like something from the picture above. Immediately transfer it to a dish because after some time it starts leaving oil.
- Remove the pulp of the eggplant, chop onions, tomatoes, and green chilli.
- Keep a vessel on the stove and add oil.
- Add garam masala and the cumin-coriander seeds powder. Also add red chilli and turmeric powders.
- Add green chilli pieces along with the Kashmiri chilli.
- Add in onions and fry until they turn brown.
- Put in some ginger-garlic paste and salt.
- Add the eggplant pulp and fry.
- Lastly, add in the tomatoes and tomato ketchup/puree.
- Taste it and then garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
How do you make Baingan Bharta?