I've been wanting to paint tin boxes at home since a long time. When I'd got this tin box of cookies, I'd saved it and stashed all my makeup inside. Now this box sits mightily in my closet. Absolute chic!
I went to a hardware store and got paint and a brush for myself. Initially, I was gonna put the polka dots as pink and gold, and not just gold. But, I failed to get the turpentine and so I used only gold and white.
Let's get started with how it's done:
THINGS YOU'LL NEED
- Tin Box
- White Paint
- Gold Paint
- Red Paint (if you want pink colour)
- Tape or other round object
- Thread (optional)
- Small Bowl (to mix white and red)
- Rough Cloth
- Sponge (I strongly recommend)
1. Paint the lid with gold paint. Keep aside 6 hours for drying. I'd kept for one whole day. You can even apply two or more coats.
2. Paint the base of the box. To avoid the above unfinished look, paint with sponge. Keep for drying.
3. Draw circles using the round object or randomly, with your artistic skills, draw them with an imaginary compass.
Tada! Your makeup box looks great!
Have you ever tried painting your makeup box?