My Experience of Using a Tampon for the First Time
This is going to be a hilarious post. The first-time experiences are always funny!
The Bella team was kind enough to send me their products for trial. I was happy to receive them. So when I was opening the box and taking out all the products they'd sent me, I came across a crazy (controversial?) pack of tampons. Since tampons are to be inserted in the vaginas, they are kind of a big deal, at least I think they are.
I was excited to try them out and so were my girlfriends. None of them has ever worn a tampon so this was like an experiment for the whole lot! I was waiting for my period and finally, since it was the third day yesterday, I thought of trying it out.
I didn't want to risk any spills or awkwardness while in office, so I waited until I got home. I went through the pamphlet and read the instructions. I removed the old pad from my underwear, lied down on the bed, and accordingly inserted the tampon.
It didn't fully go in, but thanks to my athletic body (I was an athlete in school), I could push at least three-fourth of it in. The thread and a quarter of tampon was still out. I didn't push it further because it was causing me pain.
Here I was, finally with a tampon inside my body! There were few things I experienced in the 1.5 hours of wearing a tampon:
1. It constantly felt like there was something inside my vagina, I could not take those thoughts away. It felt like there was a bar or something. Seriously, it was very awkward down there!
2. I was in pain; it was sort of burning.
3. After 1.5 hours, when I visited the loo, the tampon came out; only a quarter of it was still inside the vagina. Also, it became full wet due to the urine. Gross!
4. I could not sit straight. I was relaxed only if I leant back a little. Sitting upright brought an immense amount of pain along.
5. I couldn't walk! I had to spread my legs and walk in a weird way, probably the way clowns walk.
6. The only thing I could comfortably do was lay my body on the bed. Yes, the sleeping position literally saved me for those 1.5 hours.
7. Lastly, I would say, it is easy to wear a tampon, no doubt, but it needs to fully go in. And, once you put it in, you will constantly feel like there's something inside!
This is what I experienced and oh God, was it phenomenal! I had worn a tampon at 9:00 pm and took it out (thanks to the loo break) at 10:30 pm. Those were few insane hours of my life!
WILL I WEAR A TAMPON AGAIN?
Yes, I would. The Bella team had sent me a pack of eight tampons, so I think until all of them are used up, I won't stop trying. I want to try again, and the next time I try, I would do it in a different position. I still have seven trials left, so I needn't worry at the very first go.
Have you worn a tampon before? How was your experience?