How to Organize Inbox by Labelling Emails
I'm so thankful to my best friend Mrudula that she introduced me to this method of organizing emails. You know how crazy I get while organizing anything. I was delighted when she told me this.
Check out the brilliant way to organize them as I teach you how to label emails:
1. Select the mails you want to label under one category. (This is Gmail.com)
2. Go to the 'Label' symbol (shown in the picture above) and type whatever you want to. I've written 'Blog' as my label.
3. After naming the label, click on '"Blog" (create new)' option.
4. Save the label from the message box that appears next on your screen.
CHANGING THE COLOUR OF LABELS
1. In order to change the colour of label, towards your left side, under the above shown options, click on the upside-down triangle next to your label.
2. Click on the first option, i.e., 'Label color'.
3. Give whatever colour that suits the label. For example, personal will go under pink, financial (related to tax, etc.) will go under green, office will go under blue, and so on. (You can also add a custom color!)
USAGE OF LABELS
Once you've put all emails under labels, your inbox becomes organized. The next time you want to access emails under the label 'Blog', you just have to click on the label 'Blog', which you can see below the options 'Inbox', 'Important', 'Sent Mail', etc. After clicking on a particular label, you find all the emails under that label!
Love this tip and I'm glad my friend passed it on to me.
Have you ever tried labelling your emails?