Greeting Card Using Two Tinted Sheets
My best friend's birthday is on the 12th of July, and I'm badly hoping she doesn't go through my blog before her day. I thought of sharing a greeting card I made, which me and few other best friends are gonna gift her. It's a surprise; I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed, hoping she doesn't see her card before her birthday.
So, she's studying architecture, final year. She is the most motivated girl I've ever come across; she's career-oriented, hardworking, and just knows what she's got to do in life. It's great to have a best friend like her, as we highly relate in this aspect of our lives.
Here's sharing things and steps you'll need to make a card out of two tinted sheets. I have also uploaded a video of the final product, so do take a look:
- Green Marker
- Silver Pen
- Pair of Scissors
- Washi Tape
- Yellow (Tinted) Sheet
- Grey (Tinted) Sheet x 2
1. Fold yellow and grey sheets into half.
2. Stick the left side of the grey sheet on the right side of the yellow. (Refer the picture above.)
3. Take another grey sheet and fold it into half. Cut it along the fold.
4. Paste one of the halves in the inner side to cover the yellow colour.
5. Write whatever you want and decorate the first page. I have used silver coloured washi tapes and have written the message using a green bold marker. I have highlighted the letters using a silver pen. I purposely used a silver colour, because I wanted to create a harmony with the silver washi tape and the overall grey layout of the card.
6. After opening the flaps, stick washi tapes to the sides of the card.
7. Write the message on left side of the card. (You can skip this step if you have less content.)
8. Write a message on the right side too. If you noticed, I have used a different washi tape here, just to bring about a differentiation in the messages of the two sides of the card.
9. Write the main message here. Make sure to make it dramatic and you're done with the card! (I'm thinking of adding some glitters to this message, but I do not have silver glitter as of now.)
Also, I'm sharing a video of how the card looks.