We'd made this yesterday. This recipe is great when you have 3-4 slices of bread left and the expiry date is on the same day. We're obsessed with checking expiry dates on the packs of bread. We usually choose such a pack that would be expired in 3 to 4 days. We're not heavy bread eaters; we have bread only when there's something like Pav Bhaji, Misal, Sandwiches, etc. But nowadays, we've been buying bread for breakfast or post-workout snack.
This leftover recipe is one of my family's favourite dishes. We usually have it as breakfast or as evening snacks. It's easy and quick to make.
Without further due, let's get into the ingredients!
THINGS YOU'LL NEED
- Bread Slices - Leftover
- Onion - 1 Medium
- Mustard Seeds
- Cumin Seeds
- Red Chilli Powder
- Green Chilli - 1
- Ground Nuts
- Turmeric Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves
- Tear leftover bread slices and grind them in a mixer. Keep aside.
- In a vessel, put oil, and once it is heated, add a pinch of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, and a bit of red chilli powder.
- Immediately add chopped green chilli and curry leaves.
- Once this starts cracking, add in the finely chopped onions.
- Add salt, and fry onions.
- Add breadcrumbs and fry. You may want to add more oil here. Also, check for the taste.
- Pour lemon juice on top and mix it.
- Garnish the Bread Chiwda with coriander leaves and viola! You're done.
What do you do of leftover bread?