Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
Hey! As today is Father's Day, though I don't celebrate it, I decided to gift something special to dad. As my dad loves food, and more than that, loves sweet food, I thought of making ice cream, topped with some chocolate sauce.
I had never made ice cream before, so this is my very first time. I took the recipe from YouTube*.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes + 5 to 6 Hours for Setting
Serves: 2 to 3
- Milk - 1 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Cream (Heavy Cream) - 1 1/2 Cup
- Corn Starch - 2 Tbsp
- Powdered Sugar - 5 Tbsp
- Vanilla Essence - 2 Tsp
Special Utensils Required:
- Air-tight Container
1. Put few tablespoons of milk in corn starch and stir until smooth. See to it that there are no lumps.
2. Boil milk.
3. While the gas is still on, add corn starch paste.
4. Keep on stirring.
5. Add cream. Stir.
6. Add sugar. Stir.
7. Stir for 2 minutes more, and let the mixture boil.
8. Sift the mixture by a sieve and remove all the lumps.
9. Add vanilla essence and stir.
10. Cover the bowl with an aluminum foil or a plastic wrap.
11. Keep it inside the freezer for an hour or so.
12. After an hour or few more minutes, take out the mixture.
13. Blend it in a mixer.
14. Pour it inside an air-tight container.
15. Keep in freezer for 4 hours, or more if required.
16. In between, stir the ice cream mixture, and keep inside the freezer again, to avoid ice crystals.
That's it guys. Goodnight! x
[*Sruthi. (2013). Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (Smooth and Creamy Ice Cream Recipe) . Available: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2013/07/22/homemade-vanilla-ice-cream-smooth-and-creamy-ice-cream-recipe/. Last accessed 21-06-2015. ]