Now that you know what's your hair type, the next step is to take proper care of it.
- OILY HAIR // Don't use heavy styling products like hairsprays or gels, because they just help in weighing down your hair even more. Don't apply much conditioner...use it sparingly. Don't brush too often. Brush only when necessary (before you're going out), as brushing disturbs your hair roots, thus secreting more oils. Avoid playing with your hair. Shampoo often, to clean the sweat and the oils. Shampoo more in summers. Choose a synthetic bristles brush. Apply conditioner only to your tips, and not your roots. (I'm more of an oily type, so I know many tips for this one.)
- THIN, DRY HAIR // Use conditioner every time you wash your hair. Use a volume-boosting shampoo. Trim your hair often, to reduce split-ends. Avoid blow-drying your hair. Tie your hair more often to prevent the damage.
- FINE HAIR // Use a volume-boosting shampoo to give your hair a fuller look. Try a light conditioner. For instant lift, apply a little mousse to your roots, turn your head upside-down while you blow dry.
- THICK HAIR // Use shampoos and conditioners for thick hair. See to it that you cover every hair strand. This is important to keep your beautiful mane, healthy! Air-drying is the best way, and not hair-dryers, because then you'll turn up wasting your time in the bathroom doing that all day!
- CURLY HAIR // If your hair is super-curly, a moisturizing shampoo would be of some help. A rich conditioner is a great option to help reduce the frizz. Partly rinse your hair after you condition it. You can try hair-smooth-ening or hair-straighten-ing too, for a change.