Short Tip #9 Skin Type
Knowing your skin type is very important. As once you know it, you can buy skin products accordingly.
Now, how do you know what skin type is yours? You must be roughly knowing it. But there's a method recommended by the Dermatologists, by which you'll know just exactly:
- Wash your face with warm water, using mild, non-soap cleanser. (You can find these cleansers in any medical shop, and have "non-soap" written on it, usually.)
- After washing, let your face dry.
- After around 20 minutes, check if you feel your skin tightening or irritation occurs. If it does, you have a DRY skin.
- If you don't feel anything for the first 20 minutes, wait more for 40 minutes.
- After 40, dab a tissue against your face.
- If the tissue has oily residues, you have OILY skin.
- If there is oil only at some places, then you have a COMBINATION skin.
- And if you don't have oil at all, you have a NORMAL skin. (Normal skin acts dry in winters, and oily in summers.)
So, what's your skin type?